Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Maker Kit: Sew Fun

This is my first sewing kit. Although I don't like the heavily pink nature of this title, Jane Bull's books really are the best introductions to hand-sewing with simple projects, clear explanations of stitches, and lots of felt (which I think is the ideal sewing starter).

I supply most of the consumables from leftovers from my own sewing stash, but I also have stuff donated or left over from work
programs. I promote the sewing kits after I do sewing workshops and they generally circulate briskly. This one usually has yarn in it, to go with the crochet hooks and knitting needles, and someone added an embroidery hoop. It's nice to see things come and go!




Kit includes:

  • Made by me by Jane Bull 9780756651633
  • Good scissors, needles, needle holder
  • Knitting needles, crochet hooks, embroidery hoop
Consumables
  • Thread, yarn, ribbon, buttons
  • Felt, scrap fabric
  • Larger pieces of fabric I donated

No comments:

Post a Comment